Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Knitting Frustration



Today I took a  bike ride in the sunshine with my little neighbor. I came home and finally picked up my knitting again. I tried for a third time to get the short rows to work out with the right count. I was still one stitch off, so I did a make one. Now I think it's just how the pattern is written, because I had to decrease later to get the correct number of stitches. Translations in patterns can be confusing. Oh well. It's gorgeous yarn, and once I redo the other side, (for the third time,) I will be out of the woods. I was feeling like I had never knit before, and it was aggravating. I forced myself to work through the negativity.  It was really tempting to quit. 

On a more positive note, I found documentation for the sixth year of work that I need to qualify for my pension. I am so glad that my mother saved my programs and  reviews. She had them all organized in an album. This one is from 1985. It's just what I need to send to the union. I am so relieved. I think a lot of performers don't apply for their pensions, because it requires some intense record keeping. I sent in the first letter that they need today. I will follow up with the rest of the paperwork next week. How was your weekend?

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar